Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Storming through the party like my name was El Nino

First post! Whatever Greg may say, I think you all know that most of the time I'm more bro than ho in action and attitude. I mean, "Bros win forever" was first typed on my computer. Also, I salvaged possibly the best thing ever for Manhattan from one of the Lighten Up garage sale piles.

Because they gave Rice House to the multitudes of Reunion alums with their multitudes of children, I'm living in Musser for the week. Ew. It is 90 degrees in my room, I can't find any of my shit, and I have to go DOWN the HALL to the bathroom. Carleton summer is so far reminiscent of summer camp but without the fun activities like canoeing and eating. I've heard that at the end of the summer, those who stay on campus get really possessive of the territory -- I can feel that starting already, though it is weird to see Sayles close at 1:30pm. The job's fine; in the 8 hours I'm paid daily, I do maybe 2.5 of actual work. The rest of the time, I look at the class of '11 on the facebook, read Lolita, and play Yahtzee with Eghosa. Yesterday she got two Yahtzees. TWO! IN ONE GAME!

Here are some more good freshmen names (these kids all got on pre-frosh trips; I stuffed their envelopes today):
Hunter Knight
Safford Wolfson
Max Silver

and Colin/James I'm sorry, Cory your prospie who watched 2 hours of ANTM with us while waiting for his mom was waitlisted for canoeing.

I've also been watching a lot of Sum41 music videos. All Killer No Filler really was the apogee of crappy pop-punk. Still Waiting just does NOT deliver the same punch as Fat Lip. Also, Sum41's lead singer, Deryck Whibley, married Avril Lavigne: I KNOW RIGHT?

Ugh. 11:35 (or like 4:52 or whatever time the blog will say it is when I post) is past my lame summer bedtime. Oh, I, too, bought Pitchfork tickets but am thinking of arriving Friday afternoon/evening so I can see Harry Potter 5's release at midnight in Lakeville and not miss work. Watch the HP trailer HOLY SHIT.

And here (because I wasn't kidding):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKsQe31ApMs

6 comments:

  1. I want Hunter Knight to be my arch-nemesis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just watched a my chemical romance music video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HARRY POTTER HARRY POTTER when we both watch the new movie and read the new book can we talk and compare notes and scream with excitement?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like you don't really understand the true difficulty of Yahtzee, nor how it is played at a high level. I, being a Yahtzee prodigy, have gotten three Yahtzee's in a game twice. So, don't bother me with petty double Yahtzees. When you get three, let me know, cause we'll meet up and let the dice do the talking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wtf leah, cash money hoes need you more.

    ReplyDelete