Friday, June 15, 2007

It's War

Part 1:

The doormat tries to be funny and fails. The Fun & Games page doesn't make any attempt at humor yet brightens everyone's bi-weekly Fridays. You know it, Ask Alex carried you last year. Goofus and Gallinat? Come on! If it weren't for my advice, you'd be sitting in a ditch. Crying.

Oh yeah. Fuck YOU hunter.


Part 2:

A large part of my job involves scanning. Anne knows that the work is completely mindless. I might as well just be a complicated machine, and if the business office really tried they could maybe get rid of my job completely. But every once in a while, there's I have to make a decision or process something that gets me excited. For example: some sheets are printed on gray paper. The scanner doesn't scan the gray too well, so I have to right-click, go to 'display,' and switch the setting from 'preserve black' to 'scale to gray.'

Also, I was very honored to scan in a document from the Secretary of State of California.

(ten minutes later)

I just came back from Sayles. I had my first experience of 5-year reunion people. I've seen older alumni. They came earliest. Then came the middle-aged alumni. They had strollers. Hundreds of strollers for hundreds of kids. These people looked so utterly normal! Nothing at all special about them. They all looked like great parents who both wouldn't be neglectful but not necessarilly overbearing either. And today I saw the young people, the people who after seeing their old best friends ask, "So I hear you're married now." Or "Oh you went to law school?"

I don't know if I want to be those people. I want to make the jump from college to middle age, then again, doing that wouldn't be much fun

No comments:

Post a Comment