Sunday, June 10, 2007

Shiftless When Idle



Word has it James Hannaway met Barack Obama recently. This is, by any account, a post-worthy thing, but we've seen no post about it. Here instead is my imagining of how an account of this meeting, written by James, would read:

"I met Barack Obama today Baltimore. I know there's something out there, but I don't know if I wanna call it "God", 'cause like, I believe in God, but I don't know that I think God is some guy on a throne with a long white beard. God is, like, it could be anything. It could be like, literally, it could be this table. TOTAL BUZZKILL. He is shorter than I expected, but still an inspiration, and I'm very happy to be working on the campaign."

I'm back in Ames now, and biding time till I leave for Ireland. I saw friends from high school, and it was depressing. They sit, drink, and don't even really wait for things to happen anymore. But my parents are well (my Dad had a new book published and has taken up running; my Mom can't read the menu at a Mexican restaurant without glasses anymore but has started her professional life over as a social worker, and is now working with the suicidal at a Des Moines hospital), and my brother is in Africa for the next month building a school. He'll be editor-in-chief of the school paper in the fall, which means the Hunter brothers may be The Ames High Web's first dynasty.

I'm restless, and won't be particularly happy till I'm out of town again, but I'm glad to see so many posts in the past couple days. Also, Leah doesn't have a dong (we think). Problematic?

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I put thumbnail pictures of girls on my blog, you put Barak. Lame

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not have a dong but I have a good heart, KAY GREG???

    ReplyDelete