Thursday, June 14, 2007

One thing

Okay, the first two lists (UN and TMNT) were alright, then I did my I'm-spiting-Greg list of the favorite people in my family, then Tom did his rather clever minimalist favorite binary digits list. Those had in common cleverness and mild-humor. Whomever did just random numbers is really lame. I guess I'm supposed to be laughing at how I'm not supposed to be laughing? That is the worst, most blunt form of irony/sarcasm imaginable. So whoever did that, go on wikipedia, find some random information and make an interesting list.

PS- I get to go to a meeting today!

7 comments:

  1. I disagree completely (I suppose I would have to, having made the list). I've always liked that kind of blunt, and I think you're giving yourself an awful lot of credit for the TMNT list. Esoteric and funny/clever aren't the same thing. I'd be willing to concede that neither was funny, provided you stop letting Wikipedia do your work for you (and let's not included a "Dick Cheney's Fun Quote" section either, if it had crossed your mind).

    This feels vaguely like the posting wars that would occur on a pro-wrestling message board I'd visit religiously in seventh grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the numbers list.
    And I'm not choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O'GARA GETS IT (Anne, you get me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The absence of humor cannot in and of itself be humorous.

    -Descartes

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey but how do we change those lists?
    /slash can just you boys do it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun & Games has Doormat envy. I went there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the recent lists are pushing it.
    move on.(org)

    ReplyDelete