Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Summer Job

The following is a list of words, phrases, and acronyms I don't understand from one randomly selected page of the research protocol I am involved with this summer:

1. colony stimulating factors (csf)
2. granulocyte-macrophage csf
3. granulocyte csf
4. macrophage csf
5. spastic arteries
6. hematopoetic lines
7. neutrophils
8. chemoattractant
9. monocytes
10. selectins
11. adhesion molecules
12. integrins
13. p-selectin
14. e-selectin
15. icam-1
16. monoclonal
17. arachidonic acid
18. prostanoids
19. lipoxins
20. leukotriens
21. phospholipase A2
22. cyclo-oxygenases
23. lipo-oxygenases
24. GriPGHS

That was from page 16 of 23 pages. Yipes! It's really annoying to be flipping back and forth between this protocol and a bio text book. It's like school... but... more real. It's funny to be feeling more pressured by something because there is no grade. Weoooo.

So yeah. Anyhoo. How are you all doing? I like the blog so far. It's cute.

Oh, side note, I bought tickets to Pitchfork. Now... I just have to figure out how to get there. Did you guys know that trains are more expensive than planes? That's fucked up.

Xoxo,
Colin

3 comments: