Friday, July 11, 2008

I need to walk back from lunch using a different path

Ridiculous. Unfortunately ridiculous.

During my walk back from lunch today I passed by the same place I overheard the two depressing conversations I brogged about at the beginning of the summer. Again, I wasn't daydreaming or lost in my own head enough to avoid hearing:

Woman 1: (Walks out of the door and sits by her friend/coworker) Man, today has been rough. I've lost two patients.

Woman 2: That sucks.

Woman 1: Can I have a cigarette?

Woman 2: Yeah.

Goddammit. What the hell is wrong with this part of the hospital?

Cheer up dudes, it's Friday. Any fun weekend plans you guys? I'll just jump in with mine then. Erika and Eddie are coming down. Maybe I'll take some pix and turn it into a post.

Also, I changed the Blog template. I like it. I came to really dislike how the old one forced a certain thin column for the posts and limited picture size. Also, the simplicity of this one is refreshing and hip. Fewer colors to fuck with. Ya know? I like that. Oh, and I accidentally deleted the counter. We were at a couple dozen thousand. Good job all. Sorry to delete history. In its place, I got a flag counter so we can see all the countries that visit the blog. Neat, right?

And finally, I added the two new bond girls to the top of the "Small Pictures of Cute Celebrities" section. Do we even need to debate which one is hotter? Dan and I did for a while. I am confident that Olga Kurylenko is hotter. He thought Gemma Arterton was hotter. How about youuuuuu?

Xoxo

12 comments:

  1. the new template looks good, although i think i could do without the broken-up vertical line on the right. but i know there's no way to change that without mad design skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah.

    i kind of like the line.

    but yeah. this is the simplest template they've got and i think it suits us better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think simple design suits you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think gemma's picture is better than olga's, for sure. i'm withholding my final judgment until the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, wait, what are you getting at Leah?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the new template is a universal good. get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gemma is better, i think... and i approve of the new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. anne, your comment is one of the best recent brog posts

    ReplyDelete
  9. i feel like everybody is playing a joke on me. is everybody playing a joke on me?

    YUCK YUCK YUCKOYUCK
    barfing over my newly changed sheets

    ReplyDelete
  10. maybe i'm not getting the right formatting with brazilian internet - it does look like a poorly-formatted word document right? white background with a weird dotted line? CAN WE AT FUCKING LEAST USE A SERIF FONT?

    ReplyDelete