Sunday, July 01, 2007

Excited for Pitchfork

Oh man.

Is anyone else excited for Pitchfork in two weeks? First of all, who all is going? I realize that I'm not even sure who is living in Chicago right now or visiting for all the silly music and times. So, role call. Who will be there?

Secondly, I'm pumped for the line up. I just want to lay out right now my ideal Saturday:

1:30 - Califone*
3:00 - Grizzly Bear**
4:00 - Battles
5:00 - Iron and Wine (this may be tricky to get to as it involves much traveling back and forth between stages)
7:15 - Dan Deacon
8:30 - Girl Talk


Oh man. I mean, I'd miss Cat Power and Yoko Ono, but I have never even heard them anyway. There is no room for women-folk in my Saturday.

*So, James this is for you, I didn't really like Califone. James played them for me and I was always indifferent. Earlier today, they came up when my iPod was shuffling through all of my songs and I listened to Spider's House. That song is awesome. It got me pumped to actually see them live. Here's a creepy video version of that song:



Yeaaaa!

**I wonder if we can hang with Grizzly Bear. I know, totally immature fan-boy-esque of me... but... they fucking know who we are (kind of). They have mentioned Tom Fry by name and I'll be damned if that doesn't give us (don't get selfish on me, Tom) some kind of privilege, you know? I don't care how lame that sounds, I want to shake their hands (again).

Also, tangent, I was just reading the Grizzly Bear blog (because, fuck you, I do that sometimes), and I saw lots of awesome pictures from their tour and it got me thinking. I really want to be in a band. Like, for real. Can that happen next year? Anyone? We know enough people who play instruments. Like pile into a room and see what happens.

Xoxo,
Colin

3 comments:

  1. Colin Steers, I respect you as a person, but you are such a fan-boy. That said, I wish I could be there to listen to Grizzly Bear. Hanging out with them would be really really uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. alex, when are you going to be in ny? because grizzly bear and the decemberists are playing here on july 16th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I would soooo meet Grizzly Bear with you. I would also feel like an incredibly huge loser. That does not change the fact that I would meet them with you.

    ReplyDelete