Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hmmmph

Bros, I know I haven't posted in a while, but please don't get angry or feel unloved. I've been really really busy.

I've been watching the Office. Both the American and British versions. Both are excellent. The Pam/Jim relationship in the American Office is just perfect television. I could spend all day watching those two flirt. The British Office on the other hand is so painful to watch. Tom and I watched the majority of series two plus the special. We wanted to kill ourselves by the time they got to the Christmas Party. But when Dawn and Tim kiss, my chest expanded and I was so happy. But it was a very qualified happiness. One born of four hours of painful monotony and sexual repression. British television is not entertainment. Rather it is an existential metaphor for life.

Anyways, I bought a five dollar phone card today. Sara had to go with me because the lady didn't speak English fluently. Thank goodness I have friends who speak Spanish.

I read People today. They had an exclusive interview with Paris Hilton. That poor girl. She suffered so much in prison. She compared the happiness of her release to that of having a baby or getting married. I don't know what you think, but 20 days in prison seems worth it for that kind of joy.

I should quit now while I'm just sort of behind.

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad she compared her joy to the joy of experiences that she has never had. further evidence of her complete lack of humanity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you got into the office. i tried watching the british version and i just got too uncomfortable. steve carrell is way more likeable than the brit boss.

    ReplyDelete