Monday, June 25, 2007

I live to consume all media!

I just finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. He might not write perfect novels, but a) no one does, and I can't figure out why he gets so much grief for not doing so, and b) I could care less if this book is perfect or not, because it got me somewhere deep.


Also, the episode of Freaks & Geeks about the homecoming dance is pretty damn close to perfect. One of the best endings to anything I've ever seen.


Also also, Sciuto and Anne and I watched 49UP last night (it's an ongoing British documentary. You can read about it here), and were depressed. It was one of those things that I heard about and thought "oh, that's gotta be really interesting," and didn't want anything else to do with once it was finished. Not that anyone shouldn't be interested in it; it's just that it's depressing. Not much else is depressing, though. Score.

If you guys are watching/reading/listening to cool stuff, I wanna read about it. Put it UP!

Colin, where have you gone? Do they have the internet there?

5 comments:

  1. hey

    i've totally seen 49 up. it was ok.

    and yes, i have internet. my brother just got married on saturday and i've been super busy doing all things family. i'll do a super wedding spectacular post soon, probably (maybe).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. was that second thingy supposed to be the freaks and geeks episode? i got really excited because i can't find all of the episodes (only a select few), and that link/post thingy didn't work! alas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just took that book out of the library OMG

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it was a picture. I'm not sure why it disappeared. It was up for a day or so.

    ReplyDelete