Sunday, December 02, 2007

i would post a picture but it's gross

I don't really get hurt that much. I'm never sick, the flu this past spring was the first time I'd been sick in 3 years. I have never broken a bone. I got 2 stitches in kindergarten and that is the extent of my hospital time.

But here, I can't seem to stop injuring myself. I've been limping around the centro for the past few days.

Y'see, Nick's brother Carlos is visiting from Mexico and brought a good deal of tequila (good tequila). We sat in the courtyard shooting the shit, taking shots, then left for the bar at nearly 1 am. The bar wasn't interesting, blah blah blah, so we decided to go get HOT DOGS!

Nicholas is insane when he is drunk. Well, he's insane all the time, but mostly when drunk. Last time he was shwasted he flailed on the ground laughing maniacally and it took nearly an hour to get him up 2 flights of stairs and into bed. This time he just took off down the street.

He just sprinted down the sidewalk, running into the street into oncoming traffic, giving no thought to anyone around him. Well, except for the guy he kissed on the cheek as he ran by. I took off after him, and even though I am not very athletic, I can still run faster than Nick. I was doing a good job slowing him down, holding him back, when finally, the inevitable happened: he tripped and brought me down with him.

We lay on the pavement for a minute. The cops drove up and asked if everything was okay, and Kirsten shooed them away.

I ripped through my favorite jeans and have a cut even nastier than my ankle cut on my knee. It's pretty badly bruised and is making walking difficult. But poor Nicholas -- he could not move his legs. We tossed him into a cab and now he is on crutches!! I've advised him against going to a doctor because of my past experience, so he went straight to the hospital and should be okay. I'm just working hard on not letting this baby get infected.. I don't need anymore x-rays in Italy!

3 comments:

  1. If I have to see you butt, at least give me also the cool bloody picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE to see my butt? don't you mean GET to see my butt?? it's a privilege, young man. if you're not responsible, you'll lose such privileges!

    ReplyDelete