Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Milan Kundera = Bromaster General

I just finished The Unbearable Lightness of Being and it blew my mind, like whoa. I'm afraid of superlatives, but this is a strong candidate for the never-to-be-awarded Tom Fry's Best Book Ever Award. I'm gonna stop there, in hopes of avoiding sounding like a driveling idiot. Too late? Probably. Anyway, I highly recommend it. It looks like this:

I guess I have to figure out what to read next, now. Having four hours a day of paid reading is the best thing that has ever happened to my summer schedule (I consider this a retroactive statement that covers all previous summers). I use the superlative here without any consternation. Sorry Sciuto.

2 comments:

  1. I will read the book after I finish my book

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh ooh ooh read 'welcome to the monkeyhouse' by vonnegut - it's a collection of his short stories. it is fantastic. i just finished it last week.

    ReplyDelete