Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Brocastle Design Contest?

One of the things I do regularly at my job is make copies. We have three different kinds of copy machines: your everyday black and white copy machine, a color copier and best of all, a Risograph. You use the Risograph when you want to make over 35 copies of something since it spits them out super fast. The camp also uses the Risograph to make their stationary, since it can take any size piece of paper and print in blue and red ink along with black.

So I was thinking, if we wanted it for the house next year, I could use the Riso to make some Brocastle stationary. I'm not sure what we'd use it for besides having cool stationary to write notes on and stick to the fridge, but this is the kind of stuff I have time to think about. Out of boredom a little while ago I designed a potential logo:



Not that good, but if we want to do it I'd take submissions, of course.

4 comments:

  1. Holy shit! You must make stationary. And I love risographs. My high school newspaper used them, but we did in the thousands of copies. They are so fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second (or third, if you count, alex) the stationary motion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that looks great, though I think The Manhattan still beats Brocastle. Could we get embroidered napkins???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manhattan might be more amusing, but at this point Brocastle is my go-to term, and I think it's more accurate anyway. We are bros, and it is our impregnable fortress, after all.

    ReplyDelete