Monday, June 18, 2007

Summer life: soooooo hard

I'm listening to the Believer music CD at work right now, and it's really good. You should all buy it, seeing as McSweeney's really needs the cash right now. The Sufjan track is really un-Sufjan, there's a new Zach Condon track, and an alternate take of "Easier" by Grizzly Bear that is really, really awesome. I haven't read any of the magazine yet. I think Sciuto has it. I really hope McSweeney's stays afloat. I've read three Believers cover to cover, at most, but knowing such a magazine exists makes me feel good. Actually, Bros, there is a pretty sweet deal going on combo subscriptions to the Quarterly/Believer that we should nab (Greg brought this up to Dan and I a little while ago, but I, for one, forgot). We can do Dave Eggers (definitely a Bro) a favor and get some sweet reading material for our coffee table. I don't know if you guys have ever seen one of the Quarterlies (correct spelling?), but they're gorgeous (and the stuff in 'em is okay, I guess).

I could use some new reading material, anyway. I don't think I like funny books. Funny writing is great, but I can't do 300 pages of funny at once. This is a problem because I'm reading A Confederacy of Dunces right now. Every time I sit down with it, I can't help letting out a self-satisfied chuckle and thinking (or saying, if I'm with Sciuto in Blue Monday yesterday) how funny the book is, but I can't read more than 20 pages at a time. I can't get attached. I guess I might be in the wrong mood. Regardless, I think I'm putting it down for now.

I fell off one of the white reunion tents on Saturday night. It kinda hurt. I also streaked for the first time. (it was, like 2 am, though, so all the old folks were in bed). Neither of the Knights seniors had ever streaked at Carleton, so, upon David's request, we did so. It was cute.

I searched "prominent bros" on google, and this is what I found. Also, Here's a link to a blog post hosting the above mentioned GB song, as well as a ton of other GB rarities. Bam.

1 comment:

  1. that zach condon track is outta this world.
    and, in reference to your comment on masha's post: nay. chicago is the sweetest place to be. COME QUICK.

    ReplyDelete