Tuesday, June 19, 2007

J. A. Sexauer, my new favorite name and most likely the name of my first son or daughter. "Oh, this is my [son or daughter], J. A. Sexauer Sciuto. We call her J.A. for short."

Last night, I got to meet another one of the kids who hang across the street. We met him one of the first nights we stayed at the house. At the first meeting he just sat on a ratty couch with an unlit cigarette hanging out of his mouth. This time, he was much more active and probably even more messed up. Every one of his joints seemed relaxed to the very limit that would allow him to remain standing. He invited us over across the street, and when we came out Bryce and Adam were about to go some bar on Division (I don't remember which). They invited us to go with them, but we had to inform that we were under 21. And when I refer to we, I mean Tom talked and I tried to politely pay attention. I don't talk to people.

OH YEAH! Thank you Anne. The best part of this story is that the three of us go back into the house. We're sitting in the living room (what is that room? Is it a living room, a family room, a den?), and in walks Eli. He trips around the room and finally ends up in the papasan chair. He quickly passes out. This morning, he was gone, but his cigarettes and baseball cap remained. So mysterious.

My parents are coming up on Friday, hopefully they approve of the house. They wanted to BBQ for the housemates, and maybe if there were only four housemates, I'd have said great, but five... five is too many to BBQ for. But my dad also mentioned buying the house a bbq grill as a present. He feels strongly that every house should have a grill.

PS- Ummm, excluding one post by a some weird kid in New York talking about electronics, every post has been by people in Northfield. Why should I continue to read this blog if I can just ask Leah Karels how reunion was? Are we that boring or are we too awesome and busy to post. I suspect the latter, but I'll assert the former.

PPS- Nice list of books Tom, who happens to be in Northfield right now.

3 comments:

  1. You didn't feel him passing out in the papasan was a good enough anecdote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about colin!? is he in northfield?? huh? HUH?
    and i want to read it so keep posting alex sciuto! YEAH YEAH YEAH!
    time to go collect bugs in the marsh! i'm wearing my yellow rainboots and a fish&wildlife service hat that i stole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. friend me on netflix you fux

    ReplyDelete