Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Der Besuch Der Alte Dame

My mom and bro rolled into town late this morning, and we've been outfitting my apartment and eating well all day. Anne, Amanda, and Carolyn came over for lasagna dinner, and (correct me if I'm wrong) a good time was had by all. The food was good, and Jackson shared with us a couple of the videos that he and his friends have posted on YouTube. Says the auteur: "We just get really bored, and then we make videos." Their artistic scope is about as wide as it gets. Tonight, we were treated to a Vietnam War reenactment with imaginary guns (and hyper-realistic gunshot sound effects) and a mock workout video in which Jackson goes by the rather inaccurate moniker "Big J." Here's their crack at a music video, which the co-star himself admits "is actually pretty stupid," but is worth watching for the first minute or so, if only to see my brother goof off in a snowsuit for a while. At least that's why I like it.



On another note, the new Beck album just leaked, and on first listen I like it better than anything he's done since Sea Change. The album-to-hair awesomeness ratio is off the charts:

You have to do a bit of digging to find a link that hasn't been taken down, but it's possible. I'd post one myself, but I'm afraid of the man.

2 comments:

  1. I'm downloading Beck right now! Also, I'm the hero who posted it on indie exchange. Kudos!

    Oh, and I added a section for some places to download full albums. Modern Guilt is on, like, half of them. Feel free to add your favorite blogz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, watching jackson s. fry goof off in his snowsuit might soon become one of my fb activities.

    ReplyDelete