Monday, June 30, 2008

Home for a Week

Things I do only when in Milaca:
- Play Freecell (while waiting for dial-up pages to load -- turns out Zimbra just doesn't open if the connection's too slow. I waited 22 minutes today.) I don't wanna brag, but I'm, like, really good at Freecell.
- Eat Cool Ranch Doritos (my parents for some reason always have them. Like, always. My dad also has about 17 full-size Snickers bars in the kennel fridge. He bought them to give to these motorcyclists participating in his charity fundraiser but they didn't want them. Some of them are the new caffeine-injected Snickers. Needless to say, my parents like snacks as much as I do.)
- Go to bed at 10:30. I watched two hours of Project Runway season 2 (REMEMBER ANDRE?!) with my mom last night then was tuckered OUT.

Also last night, my mom and I went into my dad's office to use the fast internet. She thought it would make her feel better about my safety in Brazil if we could watch some Youtube videos filmed in the favela where I'll be working (it's called Mangueira). After about three videos that were documentaries of bullet-filled bodies with tags like "drugswar" she decided that was actually NOT the best way to feel more comfortable. So we watched this one instead:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EQ3GOVycA7M
Isn't it pretty?!
Tomorrow I'm going to set up my travel blog. Also tomorrow we're going to the sporting goods store to buy mace.

On the plus side, DQ has a new Girl Scout Cookie blizzard! Thin mints IN ICE CREAM! I'm at the Dairy Queen now using the free wireless. Hot eats, cool treats, you know.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.maddecent.com/favelaonblast/

    diplo is making a documentary about the area. it's pretty rad. watch some of the trailers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw a commercial for the thin mint blizzard and drooled all over the semen i had just ejaculated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just laughed so hard at colin's comment

    ReplyDelete