Friday, March 28, 2008

Believe me when I say I'm sorry

So a few nights ago, I was hanging around the Reub after closing, and these two shady characters sidled up and asked if I could spare a cigarette or two. "Sure," I said--I was in a good mood, and I've been watching my intake, anyway. So these guys and I smoked and talkd for a while, and ended up hitting it off.

"What're you guys up to now?" I asked.
They exchanged glances, and then looked back at me.
"What're you up to?" one asked in an obviously portentous voice.
"I dunno, what're yooooou up to?" I was pretty drunk, and I suppose this kind of joke might've made you guys laugh a little, but my new friends seemed a little thrown, especially since I couldn't stop laughing at myself.

After a long pause, we all regained our composure. One of the guys--I think he had a goatee--pulled a small phial out of his coat pocket.
"Ever heard of adrenochrome?" he asked?
"Of course," I replied, as if I wasn't lying.
"You want some?"

I've already mentioned that I was pretty drunk. Long story short, I invited the guys back to my place, dropped some adrenochrome into some Wild Turkey, and threw it back. BAD IDEA.

The next thing I knew, it was 3:30 this afternoon and I was shirtless on the living room floor. I still can't remember a thing, but apparently some crazy shit went down, because the house is a shadow of its former self. I'm showing this to you bros assuming you're going to see it soon anyway; there's no way I can mop this up by Sunday:






I guess I've learned my lesson the hard way. I am NEVER doing drugs EVER AGAIN. I promise, you guys, everything will be back the way it was as soon as possible.

For now, maybe this'll cheer you up:I don't know who took this picture, but they took it with my cellphone and then sent it to my T-Mobile photo album. I had no idea it existed until today (I used the same system to take the above photos). How often do I make this face?

3 comments:

  1. Special thanks to James for putting in a solid couple hours with me this afternoon, and to Jose for cleaning the stove and most of the dishes while everyone else was away. To everyone else, Happy Spring Term.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't get it. the house looks incredibly clean. did it actually get trashed? this is the best story i've heard in a while. i'm shocked that it happened in northfield. well done, tom.

    ReplyDelete