Thursday, March 27, 2008

house liveblog

This is the first ever house liveblog.

6:19 PM: Tom just put his shirt back on. Thank god. That was getting distracting and I've got a liveblog to do.

6:20 PM: The song just changed. It was Dr. Dog. Now it's some whiny lady who I've never heard before.

6:22 PM: Tom informs me the band is called "The Do." It's actually pronounced "The Doo," which I find pretentious.

6:22 PM: Tom has been clipping his nails and, sure enough, there is a disgusting heap of nail clippings all over his crotch. Narsty.

6:25 PM: I'm sitting on the floral couch in the living room. Jose De La Torre has slept on this same couch for the past 3 days. I barf a little.

6:27 PM: Tom informs me the band is also French, which excuses the pretentious name, I think.

6:29 PM: I check my e-mail and get something from Chelsea Clinton (I subsribe to the Hillary Clinton listserv for kicks.) This is what she tells me-


Dear James,

When I heard that Elton John was throwing a concert in New York for my mom's campaign, I knew it was going to be a night I didn't want to miss.

Want to join me there?

I think it's a little scandalous that she would ask me out like that. I forward it to many prominent bloggers.

6:31 PM: Tom informs me that he wants to go to the liquor store and asks if I want to come. I'd like to get pretty soused tonight, so I end a historic liveblog to get some pbr.

1 comment:

  1. First ever live blogging the Steers house:

    1:26 - I'm in my bed under one sheet. I'm wearing boxers.

    1:27 - In the minute it took me to write what happened at 1:26, I noticed that a fair amount of urine has collected in my bladder and I should empty myself out.

    1:27 - I get up to pee.

    ReplyDelete