Tuesday, August 14, 2007

One of my favorite songs

This is a totally unoriginal post, but I re-re-rediscovered how awesome this song is. I know, I'm posting a video, but for some reason I hadn't seen it before and I bet a couple of you guys haven't seen it either. Watch it. If you know the song, listen to it again and realize you love it. If for some crazy reason you've never heard it before, prepare to have your mind blown.




Yup.



So, anyhoo. I hope everyone is well.



Also, I want to be the first to officially declare, Sunset Rubdown's new album Random Spirit Lover is the front runner for the Best-Album-I've-Heard-In-A-While award. It is absolutely incredible. At first... I had my doubts. But now that I've listened to it probably a dozen times on repeat, it is so unbelievably fantastic. Acquire it.



XOxo



PS: Actually, I'm not done talking about Spencer Krug yet. I know D-Shugs called this, but he is awesome. Seriously, if he ever comes out, I will begin my courtship. I have no idea how he packed so many brilliant ideas into this album. I rarely appreciates albums as albums (I'm more of a songs as songs kind of guy), but there are certain lyrical and instrumental themes that are carried through this album that work so well. There are some songs that I might not have liked if they were played alone for me, but in the context of the larger album, they work. Back to back, track 8 to track 9 (For the Pier [And Dead Shimmering] into The Taming of Hands that Came Back to Life) is a fucking knock-out one two punch. The only song I'm ever tempted to skip is track 6. It's a little too spooky. At first, I didn't like track 7 because it was just a little too spooky following track 6... but I've changed my mind. It's awesome. This entire album is awesome.

1 comment:

  1. i really really love 'the courtesan has sung'.
    also 'child-heart losers' is short and sweet and mellow--aka unlike most of the album--and very special.

    ReplyDelete