Sunday, August 12, 2007

Kids are weird

I just found a journal that I had to keep when I was in 4th grade. What the hell? I can't believe the kind of stuff I used to write. I'm going to keep the context brief and just brush over some highlights of my young writings.

In the very front of the journal we apparently were given colored pencils and were told to write our name really big and list things we liked and disliked around it. My coloring skills were totally bitching and it's pretty funny that my handwriting hasn't changed at all. But anyhoo... here are the things I liked and disliked when I was around 10 years old (spelling and emphasis unchanged):

Like:

Friends
Good Grades
Vacations
Acting
Animals
Calamari
T.V.
Yale
Pets
Relitives
My dog to be
Cows

Dislike:
Bad Grades
Cowlicks
Bad Smells
MY BROTHER
Long projects
Classes
Getting rushed (was I referring to football?)
Lame Jokes

I know, right?

Here is an entry dated November 5 titled, 'Senior' Rock Stars! Should they rock on? (for some reason, when I read it, I thought about how little Greg Hunter and I would have clashed):

"Rock stars over 50, I think should stop rocking. I think this because if they're singing, their voices will never sound the same as they did in the 70's and 80's. If they're a drummer or guitarist their reflexes probably aren't what they used to be. If you add all of these together and put them in a band, what kind of music would they make? Probably trash!"

At the bottom of the page I doodled a sweet looking rock band. The drummer is saying "Ooh! Arthrides!"

Another personal fave entry is from December 11:


Today is the MOST BORING CELEBRITY DAY!

I think that the most boring celebrity is............ Oprah! All she does is sit back in a leather chair, and say, "Today we have a heartwarming tale, "' After that she sits back and goes, "Uh huh,..... Mmm..... I feel your pain sister....... No, really! Amazing.......... ...I just love that shirt, is it new?" I don't see how she can make a living off of it!


Of course, there is a doodle at the bottom of an Oprah-esque character sitting in front of a fake backdrop saying "Today we'll talk about bad beef!"

Geez.

I was an opinionated little guy. There are some more little things in here but I'm not sure if any of you guys find this as entertaining as I did.

Xoxo,
Colin

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE READING OLD JOURNALS.
    you WERE very opinionated. also, i'm surprised that you could spell 'calamari' but not 'relatives'.

    (also, i've never liked oprah that much either. current me and former you would have totally clicked.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey colz,
    about a year ago i found my old journal and my favorite entry went a little something like:
    "dear journal,
    i know that yesterday i said i wanted to be a vet but today i realized that if i am not a spice girl someday i will die."

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahahaaahaa.
    here is an old story i wrote in 2nd grade that i have saved on my computer:
    The Blue Truck
    Hello my name is Erinrose. On April 12th, 1995 my friend Morgan slept over at my house. We were walking along the road playing with water guns. We were having a good time until we noticed a strange blue car. The car kept circling around the neighborhood at high speed. A few minutes after that we heard a bad noise in the distance. My mom said that it was the fire department's alarm sounding off. We went to go watch the fire engines race to the fire. We noticed the blue truck raced from the scene. But then we noticed the fire engines were heading in the other direction. We think the person in the blue truck started the fire. (Day Two): The next day we were walking along the road when we heard the fire alarm go off again. We looked puzzled. I glanced on to the road and saw the same strange blue truck heading in the opposite direction of the scene. We saw one of the fire men in the department so Morgan decided to ask him some questions. The fire man just walked away and ignored us. (Day Three): WANTED!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yale was in your likes.

    you turd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I either would have really liked you or you would have been my arch-enemy.

    ReplyDelete