Monday, August 13, 2007

Carleton gone batty!!!

So when I was young and came back from a week at camp/my cousin's house, etc. my mom would always leave me a welcome home present on my bed -- a book, some candy, a troll doll, you know. I usually looked forward to coming home as much as going on vacation because of the kickass surprises.

I arrived home Saturday night from my week vacation in the mid-Atlantic, went into the bathroom, and found


a dead bat floating in the toilet. A FUN WELCOME HOME TO ME!!! Yeah, I just closed the lid and went to bed without dealing with it. I was going to ask facilities/Tom Fry to fish it out for me come Monday and so kept ignoring it all day Sunday until about 5 pm, when it started smelling of rot. As the pungent stench of death crept under the bathroom door into my bedroom, I decided taking action Sunday night was necessary. Tom offered to come over and pull it out but was for some silly reason concerned about contracting rabies. I called security to ask the safest way to pull a dead animal out of a toilet, and they said to flush it away. So I did. For some reason, this option made no sense earlier buuuut batwater DIDN'T overflow on the floor and the smell went away within a few hours. Back to life, back to reality.

The interesting thing is, the bat must have drowned right before I got home if it started smelling so strongly so soon. Wouldn't it have been FUN if it had drowned right after I left last Friday? I guess I'll count my blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this color scheme. If it were from zimbra, I think it would be called "espresso"

    ReplyDelete