Tuesday, July 15, 2008

the rasberry

When it comes to Canada, I only have love for the country. Especially, working at my NGO, I've seen Canada champion human rights in the UN Human Rights Council, make pretty pointed remarks about the council's politicization, and I've seen it act boldly, unilaterally, to protect Israel's right to exist; its Parliament has issued some of the best statements regarding filibustering within the council and the HRC's unfair targeting of Israel over other countries, many of which deserve significant attention (Sudan, anyone?). So at work I've been making a list of contact info for Canada's members of parliament, so that my NGO can send them emails. This not being the most interesting of tasks, I've taken to noticing how funny some of these names are.

Meet...

Art Hanger
Mario Laframboise (direct translation: Mario the Rasberry)
Inky Mark (REALLY)

And...why not, some funny Lords I found, too, while compiling a list of Labour friends of Israel (Brit Parliament):

Lord Hogg of Cumbernauld
Lord Foulkes of Cumnock

Also, I just discovered that I can read all of this brog's drafts! Embarrassed by some of your unfinished posts? I've probably already read them. haHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment