Thursday, July 17, 2008

All-Stars Squared

Colin, this is probably especially pertinent to you.
As I was running along the beach this morning, I stopped to watch what I thought was beach volleyball (I guess to be honest I stopped to watch a few guys I thought were really attractive playing beach volleyball). Instead, though, they were hitting a soccer ball while using a volleyball net. From what I gathered, players could kick the ball over the net, head-butt it over the net, or chest-hit it over the net. It's called futevolei and, according to the website, the sport "born on the beaches of Rio is taking over the world!" NEXT STOP: CARLETON COLLEGE FALL IMs! GET ON IT KEVZ!

Just kidding, none of us has the coordination to play it. Or the sculpted bronze bod that also seems a requisite.

In other news, these phantom posts need to stop.

2 comments:

  1. hey, i'm fairly bronze and sculpted like a stick is sculpted.

    but, yeah, i'm for it being an im. i've played it on the sidelines of girl's soccer games using the bench as a net. a real net would be hard... but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last thing carleton im's needs is another joke sport. i mean we already have soccer and basketball, isn't that enough?

    ReplyDelete