Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Oh. My. God.

I found this on P4K today:

Pitchfork: What song did we miss yesterday? [Deacon's set was cut short because of safety concerns.]

DD: "Wham City".

Pitchfork: I figured. Did you bring the whole crew for the choir?

DD: Yeah. Not the original, I couldn't get the bus for the originals. I made these huge blow-ups of the lyrics for the crowd, and I think 500 lyric sheets. That's why I was most bummed. It would have been the piece that most involved the audience, especially the people who couldn't see, because they would have had the lyric sheets and heard the other people singing the rhymes, and I was really looking forward to hearing that many people, when everything drops and it's just the chanting part. I was really looking forward to that. I was going to open with that, but I thought opening with a 12-minute epic might not be the best idea [laughs].

FUCKSHITDAMN!

1 comment: