Sunday, June 15, 2008

Texas Tea Time

Has anyone ever seen the MTV show "America's Best Dance Crew"? It shouldn't surprise you that I'm no dance fanatic. But lately, whenever I'm channel-surfing and I flip to this show, I'll always take a moment to check it out. 


I was watching it this evening thinking it was a repeat of the first season, which aired during spring break, but then I saw a dance crew I had never seen before: Houston's Distorted X. I guess they're in the midst of the second season. This is really the only picture of the group I could find, off the MTV website. Unfortunately, it really doesn't do justice to how hot these girls are, and how rad it is to watch them boogie down. Highly recc'd to mah bros, especially those of us who won't be getting any ass anytime soon. Word.

New Jersey's as boring as it should be, but I start my job tomorrow which will hopefully add a jolt to the summer. Downed my first from-tap brew here in New Jersey last night with some high school bros -- finally!

Another check on the to-do list: I finally got around to listening to the second half of the Clash's London Calling, which for some reason I've always put off. Good stuff. I also had my 12-year-old brother Sam make me a Lil Wayne playlist, which I've been enjoying the hell out of, along with Tha Carter 3. Tom, I think your comps could highly improve by studying Lil Wayne's use of simile and metaphor. "I'm rare like Mr. Clean with hair"? You can't teach that shit. He also compares being fucked on drank to being a turtle: "I'm like a turtle when I sip the purple"; "I'm on that syrup on that turtle time." I love it.

2 comments:

  1. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN PIMPS AND PLAYAS
    HALF-ASS RAPPERS AND TRUE RHYME SAYERS
    this is the carter
    so hold on to your teenage daughtaaaa

    carolyn and i are listening to lil' wayne at dacie moses house right now! the girl living here i'm pretty sure hates us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you guys seen the cover to that album?

    check it:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c8/CarterIII.jpg

    ReplyDelete