Friday, November 30, 2007

Celeb Sightings in C-Ville

I awoke yesterday morning to the sound of sirens.

My house is quite removed from the road, and even in the confusion of just-having-woken-up-ness, I realized that something big had happened close by; I kept hearing sirens approach but stay close. Wandering over to my brother's (vacant at the moment) room and looking out of the window towards where my driveway winds down to the road, I saw huge plumes of dark smoke and flames rising just above the tree tops just over the crest of the hill on the property adjacent to ours (about half a mile away). At first, I thought there was a car crash on 250 (my road, wooooh), but the headline in the paper this morning proved me wrong:

Dave Matthew's Band's Bassist's House Burns Down

Fuck!

Poor guy.

I had no idea I lived next to the DMB bassist.

Oh, and that's not the end of my recent celeb run-ins (the story above counts, btw). After a quick lift at the gym, the parents and I had a nice little dinner out. At the table next to mine sat Howie Long. Howie Fucking Long.



And for giggles:


Pretty sweet, eh? Fun story: when I was about 12 I helped teach his son Chris how to snowboard. Worth noting: we weren't friends or anything, he was dating a family friend's daughter.

So yeah, we made eye contact pretty much throughout the entire dinner. I'm pretty sure he wanted me.

All in all, this has been a pretty eventful little break... or at least past 48 hours. I think the blog should be more celeb oriented.

In other Colin news, I get my wisdom teeth out on Monday. I'm planning on posting when I'm as drugged up as possible.

Oh, and while you're all enraptured with the details of my life, my new glasses finally came in today and I'm wearing them right now. It's pretty intense.

Xoxo,
Colin

3 comments:

  1. HEY, why don't you post pictures of the new glasses instead of howie long on a pumpkin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SERIOUSLY. Leah, Alex, and I are watching season two of project runway (santino!) and drinking wine. Hurrah for break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a mighty defined jawline.

    ReplyDelete