Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Fact-finding on thefacebook and other adventures

Today I culled my facebook friends list for the first time ever, and oh what I learned. I hadn't looked at a lot of my old friends'/acquaintances' profiles in quite a while. Best nuggets of newfound information:

-Danielle McClendon, 3rd chair French horn player in my high school band and class of '06 Rocky Mountain High School graduate, is now married, and her new profile name is Danielle "McClendon" Williams.

-Lisa Dratch, the cute, wholesome girl on the debate team that may have liked me in 11th grade (never worked out), has transferred to Bard College and wears a lot of eye makeup sometimes (and rather well, I must say).

-Don Smith's new profile picture (the inspiration for this post):


Speaking of white-hot vocal percussion, I stumbled upon the website of a group called--this is great--Indie Blockedappella, an a cappella group that covers exclusively indie songs. They're pretty meticulous; they match the actual recordings pretty closely, and they actually kind of sound like a bunch of hip indie kids singing together. These facts notwithstanding, I have never been more aware of how intrinsically uncool a cappella is. Thanks for coming to the concert, guys. Really.

http://www.indieblockedappella.com/Indie%20Blockedappella/AUDIO/AUDIO.html

1 comment:

  1. idea: we'll post a link to your blog if you post a link to ours.
    eh?

    ReplyDelete