Monday, July 21, 2008

Colin's Celebrity Sighting #1... I'm pretty sure

So I'll just get it out of the way so everyone knows: Pitchfork was awesome. I won't rub it in because I know people wanted to be there who weren't there... so I'll just leave it at that.

Fleet Foxes was the best live performance I've ever seen.

Ok. That's it. That's all I'm going to say. I won't rub it in.

Two 27 exposure disposable cams will be developed and displayed on Facebook at some point in the future.

One of the wackier moments (there were many) occurred as I stood near the food booths.

This weird looking leathery skinned dude wearing these kinds of sunglasses (with neon pink stems) walked by me with an entourage of just some dude and some chick. He looked familiar so I started wondering out loud to whoever was near me, probably Erika:

"Hey... it that guy looks like that guy. You know... that guy.. um... from.. MTV... the old VJ dude... um...-" at which point I was cut off by the chick from his posse who turned to me, dramatically lowered her sunglasses and said,

"It is him."

She pushed her sunglasses back up on her nose, turned to other member of the entourage and they shared a belly laugh while John Norris kept walking.

"Oh, geez. Sorry! Thank you! Sorry!" I shouted after them.

He had been talking and gesturing when I spotted him and he continued to do so as he walked by even though his entourage had been temporarily distracted. It was weird. Did they even know him or were they just walking behind him while he talked to himself?

I bumped into him at least twice after that. He seemed drunk.

7 comments:

  1. i streamed fleet foxes and thought they were pretty good, but best ever...i'm not so sure, colin steers.

    more importantly, i got to lay in bed and watch p-fork without paying for tix and with a better view.

    Kevin: 4
    World: 0

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i stream this anywhere still?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think so. It was on the pitchfork music festival website and seems to be gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah.

    now we just have to wait a fucking year for them to upload vids to ptv

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, leaning over the front rail for fleet foxes was a pretty sweet view, kevz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. disposable cams?
    copycat! // WHERE ARE THEY?

    ReplyDelete
  7. His wife was a high society girl that sat on the boards ofa few local charitys. ``Whoa, son.
    little boy spanking stories
    child masturbation stories
    true mom sex stories
    young girls sex stories free
    mf spanking stories
    His wife was a high society girl that sat on the boards ofa few local charitys. ``Whoa, son.

    ReplyDelete