Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Songs

I don't know if any of you guys read Soul Sides, but they've created a separate blog for their "Summer Songs" annual feature that's pretty sweet. Alternatively, you could just read Soul Sides.

http://soulsummer.blogspot.com/

Everyone needs to work reunion next year. If I haven't told you already, it's Carleton at its best. Security basically takes the weekend off, leaving alums and student workers alike to party wherever and in whatever capacity they choose. There were fifteen naked people in the Boliou fountain last night. I was one of them. I was also holding a bottle of root beer-flavored schnapps (which, at 22% alc. by vol., tastes exactly like flat root beer). Alumni threw Kirke's clothes in the bushes, and, I think, stole my wallet before sobering up and returning it to the lost and found this morning.

Oh yeah, and The English Beat played a two hour set in Great Space. It was great. Some of you might think that you haven't heard of the English Beat, but I'm guessing you've heard this song. The class of '83 started early, so they were all wasted and dancing furiously, along with most of the rest of the 20+ year reunion crowd. In a strange role reversal, I found myself standing at the edge of the dancing with most of the rest of the student workers, watching stoically and feeling nostalgic.

And since the ice has been broken regarding posting cute things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RyHQlnMvWg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5DwIcnpBCA

I might be a little behind on these, but this kid is pretty fucking hilarious.

3 comments:

  1. that blog looks awesome. thanks dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praise the good lord for alums. i won't have to buy booze for a month at least.

    ReplyDelete